Empress Database Loader
The Empress database loader utility is a general purpose program for loading data from an operating system file into Empress databases. The loader accepts fixed format ASCII data and allows you to:
- Load data from a single file into multiple tables in multiple databases.
- Load data into all the attributes of a table, or into only some attributes.
- Load data into any Empress data types, with automatic data conversion.
- Map input record fields to particular attributes.
- Generate log files for error messages and summary statistics.
- Generate a reject file of records that cannot be loaded.
- Examine the input file for invalid data.